Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring Cabaret

Sadly I missed the Shameless Sundays cabaret at Buddies in Bad Times Theatre (in Toronto, where both the casts of Dog Sees God and Spring Awakening Tour Cast joined in on the free fun) this past Sunday since I was away in Colorado but here's why Matt Doyle (Gossip Girl) rocks:



And don't forget, he's only in Spring Awakening until this Sunday, April 12th. No word if Kyle Riabko returns for the last week of the show in Toronto (UPDATE: He'll be back April 14th), but I'm definitely going again to see Matt Doyle's Melchior.

I'm also in love with these boys (as almost illegal as it may be), with Andy Mientus (Hanschen) and Ben Moss (Ersnt) doing a slightly gay version of "The Dark I Know Well" (and excising any of the actual disturbing darkness of the original intention of the song (or at least I hope that was the point)):



Smarties 717 has a bunch of videos from the night including more Spring Awakening cast members doing other numbers.

Here's Matt Doyle from a few months ago singing "A Change Is Gonna Come":


Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

2 comments:

DL said...

Christ. ♥
I saw Spring Awakening in Toronto on the weekend, and I am now OFFICIALLY in love with this Matt Doyle character. I cannot stop typing his name into Google and that type of thing.... Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this post.

Vance said...

You are welcome!

See? Was I wrong about Matt Doyle? Man oh man no!