Friday, April 03, 2009

Don't Stop Believin' Every Little Step to Fame

The trailer for Fame is out, but I have to say, I think I'm more excited about Glee instead right now, especially with their second trailer that's now out. It's probably because I prefer "Don't Stop Believin' (used in the Glee promo) over this new remixed "Fame" they're using (still, Kherington Payne from SYTYCD and Paul McGill from Broadway's A Chorus Line are in it so I'm excited, and, well... it's FAME!!! Although why does the poster look like a Coke can?). And if I must add, the documentary Every Little Step, that follows the real auditions for the Broadway revival of A Chorus Line is pretty fascinating, plus, it's hard to beat "One". (Too bad the documentary mostly focuses on the battles to get some of the main female roles and Paul McGill is barely seen in it, though Tyce DiOrio, one of the judges/choreographers from SYTYCD is!). It's all kinda rolls into one doesn't it?

Fame (in theatres September 25th, 2009) - Trailer:


Glee's new promo (here's the 1st, the show premieres at 9pm on Tuesday, May 19th 2009) - "Don't Stop Believin'":


Every Little Step (In theatres in NY and LA on April 17 2009, opens wide after that) - Trailer:


I caught the premiere back in the fall at the Toronto International Film Festival and loved it. Here was my original review.

Here was an earlier trailer for Every Little Step:


Vance at http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Action Wolfe said...

I actually saw the picture and went "why is he blogging about coke - oh wait its pink, strawberry coke?" hahaha.

FAME! I'm gunna live forever! I'm gunna learn how to fly!

:)
xx Action Wolfe
actionwolfe.blogspot.com
a new fairytale is about to be unleashed

mB said...

Glee > Fame, especially cause this trailer does nothing to make this new version look like anything other than a Step Up re-tread, which is to say: what the hell did they do to the legacy of Fame?