Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Movie Previews That Have Absolutely Nothing In Common

These four previews (one musical trailer, one poster, and two movie trailers (one with poster) made me really excited. And they could be not more different than one another.

Here's the first song to be previewed from High School Musical 3: Senior Year, "Now Or Never". OMG I can't wait!



That look that Zac Efron does when he flings up his head full of sweat is priceless. I also see an Oscar nomination coming for Ahsley Tisdale as Sharpay. Her split second scene where she snaps has me riveted. Seriously, I kinda want to see Picture This. Just for her.

In other Oscar potential news: This poster! Meryl Streep! Amy Adams! In ONE MOVIE! Talk about switching from one end of the Broadway spectrum to another. First the campy silly (and fun) Mamma Mia!, now the serious Pulitzer prize winning play-turned movie Doubt. Meryl simply is amazing and can do anything can't she? Maybe she should do the movie version of another Pulitzer play, August: Osage County?



Meanwhile, I know everyone has already posted the trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and I think I've already seen it about 10 times, but the one they showed on the Imax before The Dark Knight was truly awesome... and brief and I can't wait so I'm posting the longer trailer despite being late with it. It's my blog, I can do what I want to! Here were the pics in case you missed it.

Here's the first long trailer:



Finally, here's the one sheet poster and trailer for Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist with an awesome lineup of up-and-coming actors led by the king of them all, Michael Cera with Kat Dennings (Charlie Bartlett), Jonathan B. Wright (Spring Awakening), John Cho (Harold and Kumar) and Jay Baruchel (Million Dollar Baby):



Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist opens October 3rd 2008
High School Musical 3: Senior Year opens October 24th 2008
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince opens November 21st 2008
Doubt opens December 12th 2008 in a limited engagement.

No comments: