Friday, July 25, 2008

Teen America

I've been seeing this poster for the last few months plastered hugely on the side of a local multiplex along with other multiple storied poster of much bigger Hollywood fare and I've been wondering what the heck it is.

American Teen is a documentary by Academy Award winner Nanette Burstein that follows 5 different high school students in their last year of high school, each typifying the different stereotypes (The Geek, The Jock, The Heartbreaker, The Rebel, The Princess). They are calling it the real life The Breakfast Club.

Which one were you?

I love these realistic looks at youth. Possibly why I love Friday NIght Lights.

I'm also intrigued by the fact that this is getting the big screen treatment. It opens today, July 25th, in selected cities and then slowly rolls out elsewhere soon after. I'm extremely curious about this movie.

The trailer and photos are after the jump:



Colin Clemens - The Jock

Hannah Bailey - The Rebel

Jake Tusing - The Geek

Megan Krizmanich - The Princess

Mitch Reinholt - The Heartbreaker

No comments: