Monday, May 26, 2008

That Lil' Blonde Singing Pixie - Or How I'm Seeing Double

Apologies to A Blog Next Door

I know Duffy is all the rage right now but I just can't seem to get into the band. I think it's the lead singer, Aimee Duffy's nasally voice. I like the IDEA of her but I just can't get into her song "Mercy".

Plus is it me or does she look like a harder lived Kristin Chenoweth (Broadway diva, Wicked, Pushing Daisies)?

I seriously thought it was Kristin for a few seconds the first time I saw Duffy's video and it's still all I see. Like the bad naughty twin.




Okay, maybe not so much. Well, a little. No?

2 comments:

mB said...

Imitation is the highest form of flattery so no need to apologize :)

And I'm there with ya on the Duffy thing: it's like, meh... why's she all the rage? I have no idea. I always see the CD at Starbucks and go...yeah, no.

Vance said...

I can see why Estelle is so mad that the pretty blonde white girl is getting all the attention for the same type of music while Estelle is still not getting that much hype (which I think she totally deserves). You do have to wonder about that...