Friday, August 03, 2007

Degrassi: TNG - Free The Children (I Don't Mean The Cast)

I forgot to mention this earlier because it's been a little crazy here at the real workplace but the Degrassi: TNG crew are going back to the Drake Hotel in Toronto to do another Tag Team Tuesday. This time, against the OLD Degrassi crew. Oh, sorry. "CLASSIC" Degrassi!

All in support of Free The Children (run by wonderbrothers Marc and Craig Keilburger, who have had THREE Nobel Peace Prize nominations so far. This depresses me only because I went to school with Marc and not only is the guy intelligent and good looking, the guy is frigging one of the nicest people I know. Bastard. I hate that I can't hate him for being perfect. Yes, I'm a petty petty jealous idiot. OMG? The Oprah Angel Network endorses Free The Children? They know OPRAH?).

So, "Classics" Stefan Brogren (Snake) and Stacie Mistysyn (Caitlin) go up against Miriam McDonald (Emma), Stacey Farber (Ellie) and Aubrey Graham (Jimmy)and it all goes down next Tuesday, August 7th, starting at 9:30pm at the Drake Lounge, Drake Hotel. The event is techincally free but again, a suggested donation of $10 will go towards Free The Children.

Incidentally, most of the Degrassi: The Next Generation cast will be going to Kenya the following week to help build a school and help with other development projects.

Oh yeah, and apparently it's the 6th Season Finale on The N tonight (at 9pm), and I guess the news is out that Shirley Douglas (heir to Tommy, mother to Keifer Sutherland) will guest next season.

The poster for the event is after the jump.


No comments: