Wednesday, March 07, 2007

American Idol - The Last Cut Should Be The Deepest

Okay, with the exception of Antonella, all the girls were pretty great, but I feel bad for girls like Haley or the first two, since, I've already forgotten their names, since LaKisha, Melinda Doolittle, and Stephanie seem to be getting all the attention (when it isn't on Antonella's...). But tonight, I LOVE Melinda. Though, I have to say it. Is it me or does her head seem REALLY BIG? But she seems like such a nice person. Like that girl you want to chat with every morning about last night's American Idol at the office. Plus I love that she genuinely looks like shes happy and nice (and as Simon said, enjoying the whole process). So I'm shifting from LaKisha to Melinda, though I still enjoy them both. Stephanie has everything it takes on paper, seems nice enough, but I just don't see myself ever wanting to buy a CD from her. Maybe it's her Fantasia like haircut that is scarring me away. I'm not sure. I can't explain because I do know that she sings amazingly so it must be me.

As for the boys last night, still love Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson, only if for switching it up week to week to show the different range/styles they can do, even if they don't do it perfectly (and admittedly, Chris R.'s Keith Urban song started off BADLY but got much better in the second half). Chris Sligh is still pretty cool although I still don't love his song choices and find them kinda lame. Or maybe just kinda "white". Meanwhile, what's with the train wrecks that are Sundance, Sunjaya, and Phil? Meanwhile Brandon and Jared have become baldner and blander week by week.

Alright, so I'm back in the country and while I'm still catching up with TV (Brothers & Sisters with Emily Vancamp? FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC and is it me or she outacting her TV mom Patricia Wettig, who is usually amazing?), I should be more consistent again now that I'm back to work starting tomorrow (from a holiday that was cut short but don't even get me started...argh... good for some of you who are fans of a certain show, bad for me and my suntan).

No comments: