Thursday, August 10, 2006

What I missed SYTYCD for - Gnarls Barkley

Kay, other than the fact that I missed So You Think You Can Dance and being mightily pissed that we messed up the recording of it, at least I can say I missed it for a great concert last night.

Last night at Koolhaus in Toronto, we watched Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse, better known as Gnarls Barkley, put on a SHOW! Tonight, the theme was to SERVE US, with the two leads in Chefs outfits and the rest of the 11 band members in 50's diners uniforms. It all looked terrific and you could tell the String players were having a GREAT time (who knew playing a cello could be so rocking!?).

They of course did their radio hit Crazy, then encored with one of my faves, Transformer.
The opening act was great too, but silly little me didn't know who they were but my friend did and loved them and the guest rapper (hmm... I have no idea the names right now but she seemed impressed he was there, oh, Rahzel, who apparently was on the last Bjork album.)

Meanwhile, now that I've seen Wade Robson's choreographed group dance on SYTYCD, I must say I'm LOVING Justin Timberlake's song SexyBack and finally getting it. Cause it annoyed the hell out of me before. Of course, I can still only like it while thinking to Heidi, Donyelle, Benji and Travis doing their runway thing.

No comments: