Tuesday, March 21, 2006

[Prison Break] The Rat

I HATE this show! I HATE it with a passion. Then why do you watch it? You may ask. Because I can't help but watch it! It's like a train wreck, I don't want to look, but I can't help myself.

If you were really looking forward to the return of PB but missed it for some reason, don't worry. NOTHING HAPPENS. It's apparently the last 24 hours of Lincoln's life. The escape is thwarted by a replaced vent, the sabotage of the chair is thwarted by Tweener & Bellick, Veronica's appeal is thwarted by the federal judge and Dr. Tancredi's appeal is thwarted by her father the Govenor and the Veep. (Turns out the Gov is in cahoots with the Veep. Dun Dun DUNNNN!) We end with a dejected Lincoln entering the "Death Chamber".

And even though NOTHING HAPPENS, I am hooked. I cannot flip to another channel, hear the phone ring or even get up to take a bathroom break! I'm enthralled. Tears are freely flowing as Veronica, LJ and Michael say their "final" goodbyes to Lincoln. Logically, I know this show is waaaaay too convenient, contrived even, and you really have to be willing to suspend all disbelief in order to buy what they are selling. But I'm willing and I'm buying. And at the end of the episode when faced with another so-called "cliffhanger," I'm back to being PO'd at myself for getting sucked in once again. Arrgh! This is why I hate this show....

Originally posted by Highbrow

No comments: